Finding the right words has never been easier...with the ultimate source for today's students, writers, readers, and communicators.
From the editors of America's favorite dictionary comes the definitive reference for meeting today's challenging communication demands. Remarkably easy to use and completely up-to-date, The American Heritage Thesaurus is an essential resource for finding the perfect word, enhancing your mastery of the English language, and expressing yourself with precision and efficiency. No other thesaurus on the market today offers a more superlative selection of synonyms, concise definitions, easy-to-follow cross-references, and depth of meaning for the modern-day user.
- More than 20,000 main entries and 150,000 synonyms
- A-to-Z dictionary format that eliminates lengthy index and appendix
- Comprehensive list of synonyms grouped by clear definitions--avoids the confusing hodgepodge of obscure and distantly related terms
- Cross-references among closely related entries to insure precision
- Thousands of completely updated slang and informal terms
- Pertinent quotations and examples that convey nuances in meaning among the most basic and important synonyms
An indispensable addition to the American Heritage family of language guides, destined to become a classic, The American Heritage Thesaurus is a book no home, school, or office should be without.
Receive great offers and updates