The definitive reference for design and construction-in an updated edition
Show Full Description
Entering its seventh decade as the industry leader, Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders remains the reference of choice for designers and constructors. This new Tenth Edition is thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the latest practices in the design of structures.
Long considered a standard in the field, this bestseller provides a clear, accessible presentation of the engineering information that is essential for architects and builders. Offering a concise, highly readable introduction to the investigation and design of ordinary structures for buildings-including information on structural analysis, materials, and systems-this thoroughly updated Tenth Edition includes:
* A new focus on Load and Resistance Factor Design Method (LRFD) for steel and concrete structures
* The latest building and material codes
* A wealth of exercise problems and illustrative examples
* Essential formulas for the solution of structural problems
* More than 200 descriptive illustrations
* Simple solutions to everyday problems architects and builders encounter
* Coverage of wood, steel, concrete, and masonry structures
* A new companion Web site packed with learning resources
An unparalleled resource for students and professionals in architecture, construction, and civil engineering, Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders, Tenth Edition boils structural engineering down to its essentials and provides the simple design solutions that are used for the vast majority of buildings.